For the last year and a half we have been feeling that God wants to rock our world. Seemingly we have all that anyone could every want and yet we remain wanting. Not wanting more stuff but wanting to spend more time with each other and more time fulfilling the Lord's purpose for our lives. God has moved in amazing ways over this time and showed us the type of lives he wants us to live. Has God chosen Belize for us? No actually. But we have clearly heard him tell us that we can chosen to live out his new challenge for us where ever we chose and he will honor that choice. But he graciously encouraged us to ensure we follow through on what he has called us to. So, off we go.
Please check in on us often so you can hear how the Lord is working in our lives and we take this step of faith and obedience.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Nuestra casa en Belice (Our Home in Belize)

We are madly jamming in all the last minute details, plans, packing, laundry and good bye visits in our remaining 2 days. It's feeling really good....at moments and torturously emotional at moments when give our last embrace to those we love. Everyone asks, "How are you really doing" and so I'll answer it from my (Stephanie) perspective. It is so very hard to give the last hug and to those we love and who have put watermarks on our life. I will am sad to say goodbye and I will cry a lot in the next two days. However, that does not impede the fact that I have such great excitement for what we are going to experience! Fear can creep in so easily if I dwell on the possibilities of loneliness, extensive heat and big spiders but as soon as I go the God's work I have immediate peace. "There is no fear in love"....and my God love me!
I do think we ought to live like we are leaving the country every day because I find myself desiring such meaningful conversations with everyone we say goodbye to. I find I'm listening better and really wanting to find words of encouragement for those we talk with. Why don't I live like this all time? Why, do I not ALWAYS engage myself in purposeful conversations and not be afraid to share what is on my heart for that person I'm talking with?  A challenge for myself I guess to continue to be vulnerable and bold to share my heart. Often that means speaking in boldness about what God is doing. God has and is doing amazing things daily....truly, daily in our lives and I want to share what  a marvelous, miracle working, loving, faithful God we serve.

So, now to show you were we are heading and what our little....oh, so little casa (home) will look like.  We have been offered to stay in a Lee's ( a "virtual" women to us until Wednesday!) guest house. Her property is for sale and she was looking for a rental place for us but she also while looking for a place for us offered her guest house. So, we though it was a great opportunity to land our feet there and gain some knowledge from a someone who has lived in Belize for 8 years. Lee sounds like a wonderful women and has been very helpful in getting us on route to a great start. So, I've attached a link to the property and some photos. I believe only the bottom three photos are of the guest house. You can also scroll over to the "property history" tab and hear more about Lee's story. Also, a map to give you some idea geographically where we will be in the country.

God has been good to provide even those things that we didn't specifically pray about. We have a vehicle line up to buy from a family that we met there in Sept. He is selling us his Ford (sorry dad) Explorer to us at a great price and right on budget what we had allotted to spend on a vehicle. We have a car rented just for two days to get us to our casa and to get ownership changed. Thanks you Lord for saving us a weeks worth of rental!

If you pray, you can pray that we have a sweet departure from our family. Pray for strength and faith to know the hope to which God has called us to!

http://jeremylavender.com/love-light-ranch/property-gallery

We will be a few miles west of St. Ignacio 


                                                ^   Just above the red arrow is a clearing with a little house.....that's where we will be. It's about 2 miles on a gravel road outside of Bullet Tree.

1 comment:

  1. The casa looks amazing! We'll be praying for all of you. Blessings!
    Love, The Venhuizen's

    ReplyDelete